Organizing staff page by staff group

Support Area Forums Grassroots Organizing staff page by staff group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Participant

How can I organize our staff list by group, including the description of each staff group? Right now it’s just listing them all and mixing them up. I’m the guy you made this child theme for, so I didn’t want to just grab some custom CSS or anything from another of these forums, not sure that it would apply to my site.

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hi John,

I believe we can do that. Let’s add a page to your child theme to do that. Use either the file browser in your web host’s control panel or a FTP program to create a new file in the wp-content/themes/grassroots-child/ folder. Call the file page-staff-list.php and use this as the content of it:

I’m adapting the menu page form our Umami theme to group your staff by staff group. See if that doesn’t work for you. If you have trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Participant

We’re getting closer! The staff groups/descriptions show up, but the staff don’t show up. How can I fix that?

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Oops. Looks like the original code above is trying to load a menu item instead of a staff one. I updated the code. Give it a try again.

Participant

Nailed it! Final question coming momentarily…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizing staff page by staff group’ is closed to new replies.