Wodpress 3.6 upgrade issues

Support Area Forums Foxy Wodpress 3.6 upgrade issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    cheltenhammedia
    Participant

Hi bill,

Since August last year the foxy theme has perfomred great for us with the amendments we made. However, since upgrading to the new version all our amendment have stopped working understandably but the coding has changed from what we used.

Previosuly we used –

Stop Second level menu collpasing.
    We added in the custom-css.php:

‘aside.sidebar nav li.current-menu-item ul,
    aside.sidebar nav li.current-menu-parent ul {
    display: block !important;
    top: 10px !important;
    left: 10px !important;
    }
    aside.sidebar nav li.current-menu-item ul li,
    aside.sidebar nav li.current-menu-parent ul li {
    visibility: visible;
    }’

Custom background to groups.
    We added in the custom-js.php file the following:

‘php elseif ( is_tax( ‘staff-group’, ‘d-js’)): ?>{image : ‘DOMAIN’}’

We did initially upgrade the theme to the current one 3.0.x but it totally crashed the site so we reverted back to our current version 1.2.7 of Foxy.

Any advice on this?

Bill Robbins

Hello Anthony,

You’re right, there were lots of changes in the 2.0 version of Foxy, especially to the site structure. The original post about keeping the sub-menu items open is updated. Look a the bottom of the post, and you can find the updated code there.

For the staff-group images, we also added in 2.0 an option to assign a background image to the staff, service and menu groups. To add those images, go to Staff in your WordPress control panel and select “Staff Groups.” If you’ll edit a group, you’ll see a new option where you can add an image for that group. You can use that to upload an image and assign it as the background for that group.

I hope that helps out. If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

cheltenhammedia
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this update on this.

We have upgrade the theme back to the current version and it is now working except for the menu issue and assigning a background to the Staff Groups. We changed the coding over to the new coding but still no joy.

We use Background per page for the other pages and that works fine but there seems to be some conflict somewhere.

If you could have a look http://www.wearefab.co.uk you will see what I mean about the menu issue.

cheltenhammedia
    Participant

Hi bill,

We have upgraded to the new version of Foxy 2.0.4 but we still have a few issues:

1) the menu is still not working properly. As you can see on the site http://www.wearefab.co.uk, the menu is not contracting properly and the sub menus are invisible until you move the mouse over them…

2) the footer is aligned under the left hand column, is this by design?

3) the background image for the groups is not working either, we have assigned the background in the Staff-group but it is having no effect…

Any advice?

Thanks

Anthony

Bill Robbins

Hey Anthony,

I think you’re nearly there. I took a look and it appears that the slide transition and duration lengths aren’t showing up in the code on the front of your site. That’s causing a javascript error that’s keeping the sidebar navigation and the backgrounds from working.

Try going to the Background section of the Theme Options page and entering a value for those two. I believe 5000 is the default for the slide duration and 750 is the one for the transition length. Even if you’re not using the slideshow feature, you still have to have a value there.

I played with your source code and adding those two brought up your background and also fixed the navigation. Give it a try and let me know what you find out.

We did also move over the footer in the update by design. Some sites had lots of text entered there and it works out better if it can form multiple lines there instead of overlapping the page content in the old location.

Let me know what turns up with background/navigation,
    Bill

cheltenhammedia
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

Your a saviour! We had not entered any values in the background section of the theme. As soon as we did as you instructed it all worked, menu is working great and the backgrounds also. Client is happy 🙂

Thanks for your help in this Bill,

Much appreciated.

Anthony

Bill Robbins

Fantastic! IF you need anything else, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Wodpress 3.6 upgrade issues’ is closed to new replies.