What to you think about WordPress 3.7.1

Support Area Forums Foxy What to you think about WordPress 3.7.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kais
    Participant

Hi Bill

Is it a good idea to upgrade WordPress to version 3.7.1?
    Do you have any concerns about using your themes with this version of WP?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Kais,

I would update. I have not encountered any troubles with my themes from moving from WordPress 3.6 to 3.7. This update also adds in automatic minor WordPress updates like 3.7.1 to 3.7.2 so you’ll be in good shape security wise.

As always it’s a good idea to backup before making the update. If you do run into any trouble, just let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Kais
    Participant

Hi Bill

After the upgrade to WordPress v 3.7.1, the Foxy theme, which was functioning well before, is having some difficulties:

1. missing the background image and

2. the navigation menu is spread out. On the Home page (and other pages) the nav menu items are spaced apart enough to hold the second level nav menu items (although the second level nave menu items are not visible). When I navigate to an sub-page the nav menu items for this page are visible.

3. Food menu page is gone

Do you have any suggestions?
    Would a link to the site be helpful?

Thank you.
    Kais

Bill Robbins

Can you send over a link so I can take a look for you? Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for letting me know. There is an incompatibility between WordPress 3.6+ and Foxy 1.5. The lightox image script that’s bundled with Foxy thinks that the version of jQuery in WordPress 3.6+ is old. The version that’s included is version 1.10 which mathematically is the same thing as 1.1. Since the script requires jQuery 1.4 or higher, it throws an error.

There is a plugin you can download from our site here. Look in the right hand column and you’ll see a box labeled WordPress 3.6 Upgrade. There’s a link to the plugin there. Once you install it, that should make Foxy 1.5 work with the current version of WordPress.

For the current version of the theme, you will want to disable that plugin as it’s not needed and may keep the javascript elements from working.

Also with Foxy 2.0+ you may need to reassign some of your background images. We built in a bit more flexibility in terms of setting backgrounds. They can now be added to each menu/staff/service group by editing the groups directly. There is an uploader on those screens where you can add them. The original options have been removed from the theme options.

Let me know what you turn up and if I can help.

Thanks,
    Bill

Kais
    Participant

Great progress, Foxy theme 2.0 is running under 3.7.1.

There are two display issues I can not figure out:

1. The page information spans the full width of the page and then the navigation menu starts after (below) the page text. I would like the nav menu to be on the left hand side of the page text.

2. The opaque background behind the text (and nav menu items), allowing the text to be read over the an image, is not showing. How do I turn this feature on?

Thanks again.
    Kais

Bill Robbins

Do you happen to have a page.php file in your child theme from the earlier version? The 2.0+ versions have some HTML changes from the earlier ones and it looks like the HTML structure on your site still matches the old one in part. I believe if you swap out the old HTML for the new that will let the styles attach properly.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘What to you think about WordPress 3.7.1’ is closed to new replies.