Video not playing on Home page

Support Area Forums Foundation Video not playing on Home page

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Teri Hitt
    Participant

Hi,
    I just updated our theme from 2. theme to the most current.
    I have followed the directions for the video on the home page, but it just shows an image and does not play. Can you help?

I don’t have the slideshow on.

I have a Maintenance screen up right now on the site so you can’t take a look, wondering if you can give me some advice on what to do anyway.

I’ve tried to use the iframe code from youtube.

?

Bill Robbins

Teri,

Let’s see if we can find your video. You mentioned that you see an image. Is it from the video or is it an image slide that you’ve added? If it’s an image slide and you have the slideshow set to not play automatically, you’ll have to use the previous/next arrows to bring the video into view.

If that’s not it, is there any way you could email a login for your site to us so I can take a look for you (past the maintenance screen)?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Thanks Teri. I believe I understand what you mean. In the updated version, videos are part of the slideshow. If you want to have a single video there, you’ll still have to create a slide for it and place the embed code for that video in your slide.

Since you only want the video visible, I would suggest setting all the other slides to “pending” from published. That way the won’t load on the front end of your site.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Teri Hitt
    Participant

Thanks Bill, I really appreciate your expedient helpful support and so does my client!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Video not playing on Home page’ is closed to new replies.