video in slider

Support Area Forums Bottega video in slider

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Janice
    Participant

Hi Bill, I just noticed that when i play the video that I have set as one of the slides on the homepage it plays and you start to watch it … but the slider keeps moving so the video sound is still active but you can no longer see the video, the slider has moved onto the next slide.

Is there a fix to this?

big thanks
    Janice

Bill Robbins

Great question. There isn’t a way to make it stop playing when you start the video, but you can set the slideshow so it doesn’t play automatically. Generally when you do that you also want to make sure you have the directional arrows turned on. That way your visitors can still click through to the other slides.

Janice
    Participant

Hi Bill, it means though that you can not watch a video in the slider because the slider only allows you to view it for a short time.

I have seen other themes where when you click on the video in a homepage slider you can then watch the video from start to finish. Is this something that can be written into the coding on this theme?

Many Thanks
    Janice

Bill Robbins

Janice,

My conundrum is that while there are lots of slideshow scripts, there aren’t very many that are responsive, touch enabled and good. It may be possible to tie into the API of the video service you’re using to make the slider pause if the slideshow is set to autoplay and a video is playing. I know YouTube has an API that could do that, but I don’t know how to tell you to set that up. I checked through the Github questions about the slideshow and while they mention that being possible, there are no listed examples.

But that’s why I enabled the options to turn off autoplay and to use the arrows.

You could try using Tweaky and see if someone there has a way to enable that for you.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘video in slider’ is closed to new replies.