Upload Issues

Support Area Forums Agency Upload Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Clare Coyne
    Participant

I can not get the .zip file to upload, it returns as a bad request.

Can you suggest anything

Bill Robbins

Clare,

The first thing I’d suggest is making sure you can upload files to your site. You can try that by going to your WordPress dashboard and selecting Media and then Add New. Try uploading an image. If you can’t, then it’s most likely, there is a file permission problem on your server that’s keeping WordPress from being able to upload files.

Should that be the case, you can fix it by going to your web hosts control panel or using a FTP program to browse your files. Find a folder called wp-content and set the permissions on it to 777. Then try uploading a file. If it works, then you can set the permissions back to 755 for security.

If that’s not the problem, then let me know.

Thank you for your business and have a great week,
    Bill

Clare Coyne
    Participant

Hi Bill, sorry don’t think I was clear. I can get the agency theme to upload. I can change themes easily enough when using wordpress themes but when I go to upload the agency.zip it returns the 400 bad request theme.
    Thanks, Clare

Clare Coyne
    Participant

Hi, I have added a photo onto the sample page with no worries.

Bill Robbins

Clare,

That’s a new one for me. I just zipped up a fresh copy of the theme for you to try. You can download it from here. See if that doesn’t work better for you. If you still have trouble, let me know and we’ll try again in the morning.

Thanks and sorry for the issue,
    Bill

Clare Coyne
    Participant

Thanks Bill, unfortunately that still didn’t work, I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow so we can get this resolved. Thanks,

Bill Robbins

Are you able to install any other themes via upload?

Clare Coyne
    Participant

I can install word press themes, yours is the only one I have purchased to upload though.

Stephen Barnette
    Participant

I have a question. When I go to upload the theme, I can’t find it in a zip format. It is almost like my computer “unzips” it. I looked under desktop and it is not there. When I look under downloads, I see it but I can’t select the theme. When I click on the theme, it shows all the files in the theme. Make sense?

Bill Robbins

Clare,

I’d be happy to install it for you if you’d like me to. Just send over the address to your site as well as a username and password and I’ll take care of it for you.

Bill

Bill Robbins

Stephen,

Great question. There are some browsers that automatically open “safe” files–images and ZIP files being some of the common types automatically opened when the download finishes.

Safari is one common browser that does that by default. You can change that by clicking on the word Safari in your menu bar and selecting preferences. On the first page of preferences there is a checkbox at the bottom that asks about automatically opening safe files. Make sure that is not selected and then close your preferences.

You should then be able to download ZIP files without them being opened for you. The original files were actually placed in the trash so you can retrieve them from there too.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Stephen Barnette
    Participant

Bill, I got the zip files to stay a zip file. However, when I go to upload the theme it won’t upload. I can upload other images. Can I send you my web address, username, and password and you upload the two themes I purchased? Thanks, Stephen.

Bill Robbins

Stephen,

I’d be glad to install them for you. Just shoot an email to support@organizedthemes.com along with the URL to your site and a username/password. Also let me know which two themes you purchased.

Thanks,
    Bill

Stephen Barnette
    Participant

Thanks but it went through finally. Computers somehow know how to make you look stupid. Thanks for offering. Stephen

Bill Robbins

No problem. I’m here to help if you need me to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload Issues’ is closed to new replies.