Umami theme fonts

Support Area Forums Umami Umami theme fonts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Goran Milic
    Participant

Hello Bill,

Is there a way to add more google fonts to the theme? For example I am looking for font Josefin Sans, but cant find it in the list of theme fonts. I am curios is there a way to add it.

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Hello Goran,

Great question. You can add in another font. I have a way to do that that will be in the next theme update. Until then you can go with way:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose fonts.php
    3. Locate this spot:

'Josefin Slab, sans-serif' => 'Josefin Slab',

Create a new line above that and add this:

(Please copy all code directly from our support site:

4. Save your changes.

See if that doesn’t add the font to the list for you. If you have trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Goran Milic
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I’m glad that helped out. You don’t have to use a child theme, especially with that small amount of custom CSS. Those should remain between updates.

Good question about inserting the javascript. You might try this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/) to add that to your footer. I’ve never used it, but it appears to allow you to insert javascript into your footer which is what you’re wanting to do here. It would be a good place to start.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Goran Milic
    Participant

Thank you Bill. Actually this plugin did not do the job, but I will address this issue to them.

Have a nice day Bill.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for letting me know that didn’t help with your script. If you have to edit the theme, I would use a child theme. You can copy the footer.php file to the child theme and add the code there, just before the </body> at the end of the file.

Have a nice day too,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Umami theme fonts’ is closed to new replies.