Transfer food menu items from Bottega to Foxy theme

Support Area Forums Bottega Transfer food menu items from Bottega to Foxy theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Elan Akin
    Participant

I switched over to Foxy from Bottega but my food menu items did not… is there a way to transfer these items to Foxy’s food menu or to a plugin like foodpress?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Elan,

Sorry for the trouble there. Bottega is our one theme that has a different menu format from the others. In order to keep from affecting current Bottega users, we haven’t changed it to match.

But you can move your menu from Bottega to Foxy. I have a post at http://www.organizedthemes.com/freeing-content-from-custom-post-types/ that can walk you through how to do that.

As a guide for this specific transition, here’s some extra information.

First activate the Foxy theme.
    Then create a new custom post type named organizedthemes_menu using the Custom Post Type UI plugin.
    Now you can use the convert post types plugin to convert the Bottega menu to the Foxy one.

Once the conversion is finished, you can deactivate the Custom Post Type UI plugin and the Convert Post Types plugin since you won’t need those anymore.

That should move the content over for you. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help out. Have a great day Elan!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Transfer food menu items from Bottega to Foxy theme’ is closed to new replies.