Title logo and menu buttons

Support Area Forums Bottega Title logo and menu buttons

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Debra Bryant
    Participant

The update posted to change the logo font to what appears on the demo did not work for me. I also want to use the header font as our logo. Could you please assist me – my site address is debra-bryant.com.

I am also attempting to add the five buttons underneath the picture slider and also having difficult and would appreciate direction.

Thank you,

Debra

Bill Robbins

Debra,

It looks like you found the spot in the style.css after you posted this question. Here’s what I’m seeing http://d.pr/i/2vDL. If you still have trouble with editing the logo, let me know.

The five images below the home page slider are the featured images of the five most recent posts of the category you select in the theme options page. You can find the option to include the “featured row” at the top of the “Home Page” section. Choose “yes” to include the featured row and then right below that you can select the category. Only categories that have posts published in them will be visible there.

There are also Bottega instructions too that can help with the theme.

If I can assist, just let me know,
    Bill

Debra Bryant
    Participant

Bill,

I did get the menu buttons to work, but still having a problem with the font on the header/logo to appear as it does on the demo.

Thank you for your assistance.

Debra

Bill Robbins

Debra,

Sorry I misunderstood you. The logo in the demo is an image logo. It was made using this font from Veer. If you need me to make one for you, just let me know what you’d like it to say and I’ll post it for you.

Bill

Debra Bryant
    Participant

Bill,

No problem. Yes please. One of the selling points of this theme is the logo text. I have a 2nd one I will be designing after this one. I appreciate your assistance.

The logo should read: New Career Life

Thank you & Happy Holidays.

Debra

Bill Robbins

Debra,

Here’s a logo for you:

If you’d like to try out a variety of fonts, Veer has a font finder that lets you preview what your chosen text will look like in their fonts. One of the nice parts of this, is the preview is actually a PNG file so you can drag that from the preview web page to your desktop. From there you can test it out in your site or in Photoshop to see if it’s one you want to use. I often do that when working on a new theme mock-up.

Have a Merry Christmas and let me know when you’re ready for the other one.

Bill

Debra Bryant
    Participant

Bill,

Wow. It looks great. Thanks I will try out Veer. Now that I have a logo that I uploaded do I need to change the CSS and remove what I added yesterday? The logo is not appearing and I can only assume its because of the logo heading I input yesterday.

Debra

Bill Robbins

Debra,

Here’s what the original CSS for the logo looks like:

#logo {
    	position: absolute;
    	left: 17px;
    	z-index: 10;
    }

#text-logo {
    	position: absolute;
    	left: 17px;
    	top: 20px;
    	z-index: 10;
    }

#text-logo h1, 
    #text-logo p {
    	font-size: 50px;
    	text-shadow: #262526 3px 3px 3px;
    }

#text-logo a, 
    #text-logo a:visited {
    	color: #fff;
    }

You may need to adjust the left on the #logo and add a top value too in order to place the logo were it fits best.

If you need help, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Title logo and menu buttons’ is closed to new replies.