Tile Background Image

Support Area Forums Foxy Tile Background Image

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Carlton Zachary
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Great theme. I have a question regarding the background image. Is there a way to tile an image for the background?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Hello Carlton,

Great question. It is possible to do that. Are you looking to have a tiled image on every page or just one page? If you’ll let me know which way you’d like to go, I’ll be glad to show you how.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Carlton,

Thanks for letting me know. Here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Media section and select Add New.
    2. Upload the image you’d like to use and when the upload is finished click the edit link. On the screen that opens up, copy the File URL that’s given to you for that image.
    3. Then go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

ul#supersized {
      	display: none;
      }

body {
      	background: url(https://yoursite.com/image.png) repeat center top;
      }

4. Replace the http://yoursite.com/image.png with the URL to the image you copied.
    5. Save your changes.

That should let you add in a background image for your entire site. If you only wanted to do that on one page/post you can. The best way is to install a plugin called Art Direction. It’s an old plugin, but it still works. Once it’s activated, you’ll see a new box on your pages/posts where you can enter code just for that page. There’s a button there where you can enter in style tags. Add an opening style tag, then insert your code and then closing one. That will make the change on that page only.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Tile Background Image’ is closed to new replies.