Theme won't live preview or activate in WordPress

Support Area Forums Forward Theme won't live preview or activate in WordPress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Katie Oakes Stevens
    Participant

Hi –

I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to install the Forward theme on a WordPress site for the last week. Brand new, clean install of WordPress, latest edition.

Go through the steps of uploading theme, get a successful install, then the minute I try to go to a live preview I get a “500 – Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource and it cannot be displayed” page. Same problem if I try to just go ahead and activate it, but then I have to completely remove my WordPress install through my hosting admin, and start all over again.

I’ve tried uploading and activating multiple other themes to this site, and no issues.

Please help – this is seriously affecting my ability to complete a job for a client.

Bill Robbins

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your business. Sorry for the trouble there. Do you happen to know if your running the site on a Windows server? Let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Katie Oakes Stevens
    Participant

I’m assuming so? Not loading to a local server – site is hosted through Plesk and godaddy.

Bill Robbins

I did recently run into a situation with the Pneuma theme and Windows servers.

I’m at my son’s birthday party, but as soon as I get back, I’ll show you what to change. If that is what it is, it’s s quick change.

Bill

Katie Oakes Stevens
    Participant

Sounds great – thanks Bill.

Bill Robbins
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Katie Oakes Stevens
    Participant

SUCCESS!!!!! Live preview and activation worked. Thank you SO much!

Bill Robbins

Sweet! If you do run into anything else, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme won't live preview or activate in WordPress’ is closed to new replies.