Theme overlay

Support Area Forums Umami Theme overlay

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://chickenart.com/blog
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    How can I change the semi-transparent black overlay to white (or any other color) for the whole theme? Also, is there a way to separately change the sidebar overlay color from the content overlay color? I am only using WordPress for my blog, so for instance I would like to make the sidebar overlay a grey (4c4c4c to be exact) color to match the grey sidebar on my main website, and make the content overlay some version of white.

Thanks so much for your help!

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Sarah,

Thank you for your business…I do appreciate it. Great question too. You can change those. Here’s how:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#sidebar {
      	background-color: rgba(76, 76, 76, 0.8);
      }

#content {
      	background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8);
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should change the sidebar to be your gray color set to the same opacity (80%) as the theme’s default black is. You can change the amount of opacity by altering the 0.8 in the snippet above. Smaller numbers are more transparent and 1.0 is completely opaque.

You may also need to change the text color, especially in the content area since the default is white. Just add this to the Custom CSS too:

#sidebar {
    	color: #000000;
    }

#content {
    	color: #000000;
    }

and change the #000000 (black) to the color you’d like to use for your text.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again and have a great week,
    Bill

Participant

Oh my, thank you so much Bill! That is VERY helpful. Very interesting too as I know almost nothing about CSS. I was curious about it so I googled and found this handy little page that will help me going forward: http://www.css3maker.com/css-3-rgba.html

Thanks again and I really appreciate your support.

Bill Robbins

Always happy to help out Sarah. Thankfully CSS is written in English so it’s a bit more approachable than a lot code can be 🙂

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme overlay’ is closed to new replies.