Template Bug – Distorted Background

Support Area Forums Foxy Template Bug – Distorted Background

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Nicholas Minnich
    Participant

Bill, I noticed this issue with the supersize image loader on the template…Know how to fix it?

If you resize the browser window, (make it tiny, then make it large multiple times), the picture gets extremely distorted/zoomed in. For example:

http://www.organizedthemes.com/try/foxy/menu/menu/

Bill Robbins

NIcholas,

There are some variables you can adjust that are part of the background script that we use that will change how it is displayed. Here’s how to adjust them:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php and look for this section:

min_width             :   0,		
      min_height            :   0,		
      vertical_center       :   1,		
      horizontal_center  :   1,		
      fit_portrait             :   1,		
      fit_landscape         :   0,	

3. These options (which are explained on this page can be adjusted to help get a better fit for you. Feel free to experiment.
    4. Make a change, update the file and then check the front of your site to see the effect.
    5. Repeat until it’s just right.

If you have any questions, just let me know,
    Bill

Nicholas Minnich
    Participant

I saw that you actually updated the template to fix this within the past couple of hours. So… I decided to copy the source code for the custom js. I even recopied all the files from the /* @group Supersized */ in my stylesheet:

Here is a link for reference. http://www.meltgrill.com

Notice that when you drag the corner of the window to make it smaller, then redrag to make it bigger the image does not fill the whole window.

Thanks again!

Bill Robbins

Nicholas,

That is really bizarre. Every time it switches between the supersized version and the tablet size, it zooms in one extra factor on the background.

I tried experimenting with that on the demo site and couldn’t make that happen. With that last update, I also updated the supersized.js file too (the previous version also had the version as part of the file name, the new version is just the file name). You might try updating that as well and see if it doesn’t fix the problem for you.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Nicholas Minnich
    Participant

That worked! I had to match the new stylesheet, FTP the new supersize file and then change the file name under theme functions. Whew.

Jovica Mrkela
    Participant

Hello,

My site is suffering from the same issue. I am not sure that I can work out what the fix is, based on messages above.

What do I need to do fix the problem?

Cheers,

Jovica Mrkela

Bill Robbins

Jovica,

If you’d like to send over a link to your site, I’d be glad to take a look at the images you’ve selected and try to offer some specific recommendations based on them.

Thanks,
    Bill

Jovica Mrkela
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this. Site URL: thechef.co.nz, UN:bill PWD: support

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Jovica

Bill Robbins

Jovica,

Thank you for sending over the login. I took a look and here were a couple of things that I tried that seemed to help out.

1) It looks like you may be using a slightly older version of the theme (1.2.3). Since that version was released, an update to the full screen background script was released. If you’ll update to the current version 1.2.8, you’ll get the script update as well as a few other fixes that should help.

2) Here are the settings in custom-js.php that gave me the best results with your backgrounds:

min_width                :   0,		
    min_height               :   0,		
    vertical_center          :   1,		
    horizontal_center      :   1,		
    fit_portrait                :   0,		
    fit_landscape            :   0,

Great looking pictures by the way.

Try making those changes and see if that doesn’t work out a bit better. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Jovica Mrkela
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks, much appreciated.

How can I download version 1.2.8? On the download page I can only see 1.2.6 version.

What is the update process? Same as installation?

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Jovica Mrkela

Bill Robbins

Thank you for reminding me. The most recent version, 1.2.8, is available for download, but it was still displaying 1.2.6 in the list.

There are a couple of different ways to update the theme.

1) You can download the update and unzip the file you received. Change the name of the folder to something like foxy-update and then zip back up again. You can then install it using the built in theme installer.

2) The other option is to unzip the ZIP file you downloaded from our site. Then use either your web host’s control panel or a FTP program to upload the new files to the wp-content/themes/foxy folder.

Either way will work. Option 2 is usually pretty quick and not all that long ago, was the only way to install a WordPress theme.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Eddie May
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    My client has just noticed that the bg img (http://www.carterdesign.co.uk) is, in his words “rather than scaling in pro was squashing the image.” He noted the difference of behaviour when comparing with another WP template (http://themetrust.com/demos/uber/ )

1) Can you see what he means
    2) Any suggestions

I’m using Foxy V 1.4.1. My custom-js.php settings are as follows:
    // supersized background slideshow
    jQuery(function(){
    jQuery.supersized({

slideshow : ,
    fit_always : 0,
    autoplay : 1,
    start_slide : 1,
    random : ,
    slide_interval : ,
    transition : ,
    transition_speed : ,
    pause_hover : 0,
    keyboard_nav : 0,
    performance : 1,
    image_protect : 1,
    min_width : ,
    min_height : ,
    vertical_center : 1,
    horizontal_center : 1,
    fit_portrait : ,
    fit_landscape : ,
    navigation : 0,
    thumbnail_navigation : 0,
    slide_counter : 0,
    slide_captions : 0,
    slides : [ ………

Thanks,
    Eddie

Bill Robbins

Eddie,

The settings in the uber demo have the background set to “fit horizontally” but not set to “fit vertically.” You might give that a try.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Template Bug – Distorted Background’ is closed to new replies.