Suppress Header Social Media bar

Support Area Forums Foxy Suppress Header Social Media bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Kaske
    Participant

I would like to suppress the header bar across the top of the site that houses the Social Media icons. This site isn’t going to be using those, so I would like to just suppress the bar completely. How would I do that?

Bill Robbins

Mark,

Great question. I just released an update to the theme today that will make this easier. It’s available for download now. To make the change in the new version, there are two options:

One

1. Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    2. At the top of the page, select “yes” to include custom styling.
    3. In the box at the bottom for Custom CSS, paste this:

header {display: none}

4. Save your changes.

That will hide the header bar from your site.

Two

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose header.php.
    3. Delete this section:

<div class="header-content"> <div class="header-bar"> <?php get_template_part( 'includes/header-links' ); ?> <?php if(of_get_option('include_newsletter') == 'yes') { ?> <?php get_template_part( '/includes/newsletter' ); ?> <?php } ?> </div> </div>
    4. Save your changes.

That will remove the header bar completely.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Mark Kaske
    Participant

Bill –

Dumb question alert – But when I go to install the updated Foxy Theme WordPress gives me an error message that I already have a ‘foxy’ folder. If I delete the installed theme I am worried that I will lose all the settings that I have for the current site.

Thoughts?

Bill Robbins

Mark,

Not a dumb question at all. The settings in our options page are tied to the theme name first and the folder name second. If you change the name of the theme at the top of the style.css file, that will actually cause you to “lose” your settings.

Here’s one way to keep your settings and make the update.

1. Go to the theme options page and leave it open.
    2. Open a new browser tab and go to your WordPress dashboard in the new tab.
    3. Unzip the theme file you downloaded.
    4. Rename the folder and zip the folder back up.
    5. In the tab that you left on open on your dashboard, install the new theme.
    6. Go to the new theme options page and copy over the settings.

You can also upload the theme files via FTP into the original theme folder too.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Suppress Header Social Media bar’ is closed to new replies.