Subcategories in upper and lowercase letters

Support Area Forums Elite Subcategories in upper and lowercase letters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Julia Parker
    Participant

Right now my words are too long in the navigation menu subcategories because they are in all caps. Can I change that to be upper and lower case?

Bill Robbins

You can change both of those. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

nav#top-menu li {
      	text-transform: none;
      }

nav#top-menu ul li:hover ul {
      	width: 250px; 
      }

3. Update your settings.

The first style there will set the menu items to have "normal" capitalization. The second one sets the width of the drop-down menu in pixels. If you need to change the width further, just change the 250 above to a larger or smaller number of pixels.

See how that works for you,
    Bill

Julia Parker
    Participant

Hey, I have a couple of questions. I didn’t see a styling tab so I pasted it under the Advanced tab. Now I can’t find the style section you mentioned where I’ll click on normal. Is that under settings or under the appearance?

Bill Robbins

Sorry about that. This is our first theme that didn’t have a styling tab where all of the color options and the Custom CSS box lives. It’s in the advanced tab in the theme options page.

You don’t have to click on normal anyplace. That code snippet will make the capitalization be however you type it (normal capitalization) instead of being all caps regardless of how you capitalize the text as you type it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Subcategories in upper and lowercase letters’ is closed to new replies.