Stop second level menu collapsing

Support Area Forums Foxy Stop second level menu collapsing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Wim Meijer
    Participant

Hello Bill,

We love the Foxy theme! We are using the theme for a design chair. We have multiple product lines, and want to use the menu as:

product
    – product line 1
    – product line 2
    – product line 3

Is it possible when someone visits the product or product line pages, that the second level menu does not collaps?

This would be very helpful in navigating the site.

Kind regards,

Janwillem and Wim

Bill Robbins

I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the theme. I tried a few different approaches to making the drop down menu open when you’re on a child page, but so far I haven’t found one that seems to work.

Another approach you could take would be to use a breadcrumb navigation plugin to add in the path to the current page. That’s quite common in e-commerce sites and could work well here too.

You can use a plugin like Breadcrumb NavXT to generate them for you.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Kais
    Participant

HI Bill

We are excited to using your Foxy theme, so far it is working well. I noticed this subject in the forums. “Stop second level menu collapsing” from November 2011.

I was excited when I read this subject of this post, but the answer was disappointing.

Part of the navigation system is to show you where you are. It would be great to have second level nav items remain highlighted as long as the page is active.

Have you any suggestions today that might help me with this.

In Nov 2011 you suggested looking at Breadcrumb NavXT – I will look at this , but not my first choice

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. There’s actually another post on the forum that shows you how to leave the child menu items open when viewing a parent page at https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/stop-second-level-menu-collapsing-2/#post-7208.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Kais
    Participant

Thanks Bill

Very impressive, you responded within 30 minutes of my question.

The solution you gave worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that worked well for you. If you need anything else, let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Stop second level menu collapsing’ is closed to new replies.