staff

Support Area Forums Agency staff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Alejandro Paredes
    Participant

Hi Bill!

A few weeks ago I asked how to add some icons under the staff picture and it worked fine, I’m wonder if I can add maybe a video or a twitter feed in that empty space… can I doit in the same way or how to split the page.

thanks

~Ale

Bill Robbins

Ale,

That’s a good question there. Probably the best way to go about adding in a Twitter feed would be to use a Twitter plugin that lets you embed a list of recent tweets via a shortcode. The Twitter Widget Pro plugin will let you do that, but you have to authorize each account that is to be displayed which may be difficult if you don’t have access to the actual Twitter accounts.

Once you’ve done that, you could then place the shortcode in the content of each staff member.

You could also just build an embed-able timeline at Twitter.com for each account. That might be easier since I don’t believe you have to have access to the account to do that. You would just need to copy the code and then paste it into the content of the staff member, making sure to paste it with the text editor instead of the visual one so WordPress won’t change your code.

If you’d rather build it into the template you could do that. You’d want to edit the single-staff.php file and place your new code below this line:

<?php get_template_part( 'layouts/staff-details' ); ?>

There is a function called do_shortcode that you could use there to place the shortcode into the template file. Since each staff member has its own Twitter account, you would need to have the shortcode reference their Twitter username as a custom field instead of having it set in the template file itself. Then you would simply need to add in that field when editing your staff member.

It’s certainly not impossible, but it would take a bit of work.

If I can help, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘staff’ is closed to new replies.