Sponsors page

Support Area Forums Foundation Sponsors page

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t see the template for the sponsors page in the select list. I added sponsors but I don’t see how to associate them with a sponsor page.

Bill Robbins

Here’s the easiest way to add sponsors to your navigation menu. When you’re creating a sponsor, if you’ll look in the right hand column, you’ll see a box for sponsor group. These are basically categories for your sponsors. Create a group for your sponsors and add your sponsors to that group.

Next go to the Appearance section and select Menu. In the left hand column, you should see a box for Staff Group with the option to add a group to your navigation. Add them as you would a page or category.

If you don’t see the Staff Group box, click the screen options tab in the top right and make sure the staff group box is checked.

That should take care of the sponsor page. Let me know if you need anything else.

Ellen Brantley
    Participant

I’m very new to this, so I may have really dumb questions, but here goes. I have two sponsors, I created a group called “our sponsors” so how do I add my two sponsors into the group?

Ellen Brantley
    Participant

Never mind. I figured it out. It’s in the quick edit menu. 🙂

Bill Robbins

Ellen,

Glad you found it. You can also add a sponsor group under the edit sponsor screen. It looks like the category box when you’re editing a post. Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like:

If you have any other questions, let me know,
    Bill

Steven Fry
    Participant

I love the way the sponsor page looks on the demmom site. When I tried to recreate that I have a problem. Instead of all the sponsor logos showing up only one does with a link for “older” or “newer”. How do I get them all on one page like the demo site has?

Bill Robbins

You can set the number of sponsors that appear on a page by going to the settings section of your WordPress control panel. Once there select reading. There is a spot that lets you choose the number of posts that appear on a blog page. You can change the number there to reflect the number of sponsors as well as the number of blog posts that appear on archive pages.

If you’d like to use a separate number than the blog number, you can do that too with just a bit of editing. Here’s how to do that:

1) Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2) From the list of files on your right, choose taxonomy-sponsor-group.php
    3) Look for this spot:

<?php $posts = query_posts( $query_string . ‘&orderby=menu_order&order=asc’ ); ?>

and replace it with this:

You can change the number of posts that are displayed a time by editing this bit:

posts_per_page=20

Just change the number 20 to the number you’d like to have displayed at once.

Steven Fry
    Participant

Wow, this stuff is so easy I wish I switched from DW a long time ago! Thanks again Bill!

Bill Robbins

That’s fantastic to hear. Enjoy your weekend and let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsors page’ is closed to new replies.