Sponsor Groups on Sponsor Page

Support Area Forums Progress Sponsor Groups on Sponsor Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lara Marsh
    Participant

Hi Bill –

I have a question about how to display the Sponsor Groups.

I have several sponsor groups (Title Sponsor, Silver Sponsor, Bronze Sponsor, etc.). I would like the Sponsor page to break out each set of sponsors by their sponsor group and be able to show them in order of sponsorship (i.e. Title at the top, Bronze at the bottom). You can see the start of the page here: http://www.runningfarther.com/sponsors/

I don’t know how to get this page to show the sponsors by sponsor group with appropriately styled subtitles so that each sponsor gets the appropriate recognition.

Thank you!
    Lara

Bill Robbins

Lara,

Good question. I don’t have a built-in way to display various sponsor groups on the same page, broken out by groups, but you can add it.

I made a quick plugin that I think will work for you. You can download it here. Then go to the Plugins section of your WordPress control panel and select Add New. Upload the sponsor-shortcodes.zip file and activate it.

Now go to your sponsors page. Instead of using the Sponsor’s page template, switch back to the default. Now to display a list of your sponsor’s from one group, use this shortcode:

[sponsor group="gold"]

Just replace gold with the “slug” of the sponsor group you’re wishing to display. You can find the slug by going to the Sponsor’s section in your WordPress control panel and clicking on Sponsor Groups. They are listed there.

Once you update your page, that should give a list of that group’s sponsors on the front of your site.

You can place text, headings and so on in between the group shortcodes to help differentiate between the various groups and introduce them.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Lara Marsh
    Participant

Bill –

Thank you! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. There are just two issues now:

1. If I use the Default template, I get the sidebar that goes with it. I’d rather have the Sponsor sidebar. However, I can instead use the Full Width template and put in the sidebar on my own with a

but regardless…

2. The Sponsor Groups display in 3 columns (with the Full Width template) rather than one full page. Please see it at http://www.runningfarther.com/sponsors/

How can I get the groups to display properly? Thanks!

Lara

Bill Robbins

Lara,

Let’s try this. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.full ul.sponsor-list {
    	clear: both;
    	overflow: hidden;
    }

.full ul.sponsor-list li {
    	width: 250px;
    	margin-right: 35px;
    	margin-bottom: 35px;
    	height: 350px;
    }

Update your settings and see if that doesn’t make the list look a bit better.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

Lara Marsh
    Participant

Yay! I had to change the clear to a clear:left so I could float my div on the right but it works great. I knew it was the CSS in those ul and li properties that needed to change but I wasn’t quite sure how. Thank you so much!

Lara

Bill Robbins

Anytime Lara. Have a great day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsor Groups on Sponsor Page’ is closed to new replies.