slideshow photos different sizes

Support Area Forums Foundation slideshow photos different sizes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: www.helplineww.org
  • Author
    Liz McDevitt
    Participant

I just updated to the latest version of Foundation and when I did it changed the appearance of slide show photos – they no longer appear the same size, and some are very small. How do I fix it so they are back to be a uniformed size? Thanks for your help.

Bill Robbins

Hello Liz,

I took a quick look and it appears that the image files themselves are a bit too small. If the uploaded file is smaller than the set sizes in WordPress, they won’t be enlarged but will show at the full size uploaded.

It is possible to stretch them via css. The downside to that is the images can be a bit grainy, especially on high resolution displays. If you’d like to do that, here’s how:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.flexslider img {
      	width: 100%;
      }

3. Update your settings.

The best bet though is to make all your slideshow images 760px wide by 506px tall.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Liz McDevitt
    Participant

Thanks Bill! The odd thing was that it wasn’t an issue until I updated the version – all the photos had been full size. No matter – it’s goo to know the best size to save photos for slides. Should they be smaller for other parts of the site, or does it matter? Thanks again.
    Liz

Bill Robbins

If I were to wager a guess, it sounds like the theme’s style.css file had been modified to include something similar to the snippet above. When the theme was updated, any changes made to theme files are lost. That’s what would make the images smaller in the slideshow. They just went back to their actual size there. If there were other modifications to images in the stylesheet then that could affect others. There weren’t any changes in the theme itself relating to images though. I would guess all should be fine.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘slideshow photos different sizes’ is closed to new replies.