Slideshow on Home Page

Support Area Forums Authentic Slideshow on Home Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ginny Neal
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I have tried everything according to your directions and still the slideshow will not work. I uploaded the first photo and set it as the featured photo.. It showed up.. then I went back and uploaded the second photo to the slides and neither showed up.

I went back and deleted all files from library and from slides added.

Then I uploaded the first slide and named it slide 1 I put the number of the slide as 1. I went through the process of saving and publishing. Nothing showed up.

I added the second slide, I named slide2 and uploaded it, put the number in the radio box as 2

Saved all and published. Nothing. I am very frustrated because I followed your instructions as carefully as I could and still it doesn’t work not even as showing the first slide as a featured photo.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bill Robbins

Ginny. Sorry for the trouble. Is there any way you could send a link to where you’re working with the theme so I could take a closer look?

Ginny Neal
    Participant

It is just an experiment but the url is http://www.annieangelsong.com/wordpress

I am also clueless how to get the staff that i add to the staff listing on the page I have created called staff.

It would be really great if there were more indepth tutorials, on Authentic. It has so many features that would be good for our church site but I am having a hard time making it work for me. I can do well if I have tutorials.

Thanks!
    Ginny

Bill Robbins

Thanks Ginny. I took a look and for some reason the address for your image file is being inserted as the link URL and the image part is blank. Would you be open to emailing a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can see what’s causing that on the back-end?

Here’s what you’ll want to do. As you create your staff members, add each of them to a “staff group.” There is a box for that on the right hand side of the edit screen down below the publish box. You can think of it as a category for your staff members.

You can add all of them to the same category, or use multiple categories. Once you have at least one staff member added you can then go to the navigation builder (Appearance> Menu) and add that staff group to your menu. If you don’t see staff groups as one of the available items to add in your menu builder, click on screen options (or if you’re using WordPress 3.3 beta click on help) and make sure that the box for staff group is checked to make it visible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slideshow on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.