slideshow is not working properly

Support Area Forums Foundation slideshow is not working properly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    I have no idea what I’ve done, but the slideshow is not working.. it displays only one image where I have 6 images..

http://www.womenofthewall.org.il

Please advice,
    Thanks in advance,
    Sharon

Bill Robbins

Sharon,

I believe I can help you out. It looks like you have the newsletter bar and a newsletter widget both on front page. You can use either but not both as that will cause the page to stop loading at that point. In this case, that’s what’s keeping your slideshow from working (the script that powers it is at the bottom of the page).

Try turning off either the widget or the donation bar and see if that doesn’t fix things.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

jeff blankenship
    Participant

Bill,

I’m having the same issue – http://www.strongpeoplelivelonger.com

I have deleted, re-added slides, and removed all widgets I can.

any ideas?

jeff

jeff blankenship
    Participant

I de-activated the JigoShop Plugin and the slideshow started working again…

How to I use JigoShop and still have a slideshow on home page?

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

Great question and sorry for the trouble. Both the theme and Jigoshop include a lightbox image pop-up galled “Fancybox.” When both the plugin and the theme load the same script it causes a conflict which will keep the slideshow from working.

The way to take care of that is to disable it in either the theme or the plugin. I’d suggest turning it off in the theme so you can still have pop-up images of the products you sell. To turn it off, go to the theme options page. In the “Identity” tab there is an option to “Include Lightbox Gallery.” Set that to “no” and update your settings.

That should leave the pop-ups for your products and let the slideshow work too.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Donny Random
    Participant

Awesome!
    That fixed the problem for me too. The slides were not rotating, I set the option to “no” for “Include Lightbox Gallery.” Working perfect again! 🙂

Bill Robbins

That’s great to hear Donny. If you have any trouble, let us know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘slideshow is not working properly’ is closed to new replies.