Slides

Support Area Forums Forward Slides

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.systems-strategies.com/Lask/
  • Author
    Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

First, I would like to change the size of the slides. I am assuming I can do this on the .php page, but please be specific. Also, I can’t get a caption on the left side of the image to appear. My options are not like the ones on the video. The only place I can find to add a caption is on the “Set featured image”, but that doesn’t show up.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Hello Elaine,

It is possible to change the height of the slides. The width will need to stay full width though. Here’s how to change the height:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose images.php
    3. Line 21 controls the size of the slides:

add_image_size( 'slide', 1140, 500, true );

To set a different height, change the 500 in the snippet above to the maximum height in pixels to allow there.

4. Save your changes.

That will affect all future image uploads. To change images that have already been uploaded, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin. It adds a new screen to the tools menu that you can use to resize existing images.

The video for the slideshow is not specific to this theme, but is a general one for our themes. I’ve attached a screenshot of what the “add slide” screen looks like. The featured image is the featured image of the slide. The main content box (where you’d write your copy if this was a page/post) is where you’ll add your caption.

Below the main content box are additional options for the slide. You can set the alignment of the caption to left or right. You can also add a link and a button there as well. If you’d like to have the slide be a video, place the embed code for a video from a service like YouTube or Vimeo there and it will be used in place of an image.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Bill

Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

Bill
    I changed the height in the on the .php file to 400. I have two monitors and on one I am showing my working site, and the other, the demo site of Forward. The image on my site is so much larger! Please look at the link:

http://www.systems-strategies.com/Lask/

The actual size of the slide with the receptionist is about 400 x 400.
    Thank you,
    Elaine

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. The images have to be full width though. The browser will stretch them to fill the available space. That cause the height of the image to also be stretched so that it isn’t distorted.

You’ll have your best results by uploading images that are 1140 pixels wide.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slides’ is closed to new replies.