Slide Ordering

Support Area Forums Forward Slide Ordering

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoSamV.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Is it possible to choose the order of the slides? I’ve tried titling them alphanumerically, I’ve tried publishing in different orders but it doesn’t seem to make sense.

Cheers,
    Sam

Bill Robbins

Sam,

There is a “order” box that you can use to set the order slides are displayed in. That’s WordPress’ built-in option for setting order of items like slides and pages that are hierarchical.

Personally I like to use a plugin called Simple Page Order that lets you drag and drop slides and other items to set their order. It’s a better solution that personally I think belongs in the WordPress core.

Take care,
    Bill

Participant

I swear I did try the order box.

Brilliant I’ll give the plugin a go 🙂

Bill Robbins

The tricky part of the order box is every item has to have a number in order for it to work. The default is 0 so even if you haven’t entered a number there, one is present to mess things up. Even then it may not cooperate.

Once upon a time that’s actually how we had to set the order of WordPress navigation menu pages. Quite a pain.

Participant

I do remember those days 🙂 but this implementation does feel more clunky.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Slide Ordering’ is closed to new replies.