Sidebars on Staff Pages

Support Area Forums Foundation Sidebars on Staff Pages

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: www.hyattsvilleaginginplace.org
  • Author
    Rachel Goldberg
    Participant

I am trying to create two separate sidebars on two separate staff pages (volunteers page and neighbors page), but it doesn’t seem to be working. I downloaded the content aware sidebars plug in and I created a separate volunteers and neighbors sidebars and changed the settings so that each sidebar replaces the staff sidebar on the respective page, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Do you have any guidance on this issue?

Thank you.

Best,
    Rachel

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Rachel,

Great question. Sometimes it’s a bit tricky to know what sidebar you need to replace in order to have your newly created ones appear like they should.

It looks like you have your staff groups set up properly. If you have selected to have the new sidebars replace the staff sidebar, then you’ll need to make sure that there is a widget, even an empty text widget, in the original staff sidebar.

The reason for that is the original staff sidebar will only be loaded if it has content in it. Otherwise the default will be used. If you’re replacing the staff sidebar and there is nothing in it, then the new ones won’t be shown because the default sidebar would be the active one.

What I sometimes do to make sure I”m aware of what sidebars are where, is I add a text widget to every sidebar and name the widget the same name as the sidebar. That way I know for certain which sidebar is visible in that situation.

If that doesn’t help your content appear, let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebars on Staff Pages’ is closed to new replies.