Search Function in Bottega?

Support Area Forums Bottega Search Function in Bottega?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Paul BeDell
    Participant

Is it possible to enable a search function in the theme Bottega? If so, what is the CSS and .php to make this happen? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Great question. The easiest way would be to add a search widget to one of the sidebar areas of the theme.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Paul BeDell
    Participant

Bill,

I agree, that would be a solution, but I’m not desiring sidebar area on EVERY page. However, I do want a search bar within the header at the top of the design in it’s own

Any suggestions? On closer examination, it doesn’t look like any of your themes have an integrated search bar at the top? Is this something you can provide code for?

Thank you!

Paul

Paul BeDell
    Participant

Bill,

With a little bit of Google-ing. I was able to discover that by adding the code from: ” http://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-search-box-in-header ” to my header, it places a search field and button that works. All I have to do now is run some browser tests and write some CSS to format and position it.

If you have a more elegant solution, I’m all ears.

Have a great weekend.
    Paul

Bill Robbins

Here’s another option you might try:

http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-automatically-add-a-search-field-to-your-navigation-menu

It is a function that will add a search box inside a WordPress nav menu. Either way, some styling will be needed since the theme doesn’t have support for a header search box.

If you end up only wanting to have the search widget on certain pages, there is a plugin called Widget Logic that lets you specify when a widget is on a page. You could use it to add it only were you need it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Function in Bottega?’ is closed to new replies.