Restoring customization

Support Area Forums Foundation Restoring customization

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    daria mochan
    Participant

Hi bill.

I’m wondering if the customization settings are stored somewhere that might be relatively easy to restore? (after accidentally hitting restore defaults).

Thanks.

Daria

Bill Robbins

Daria,

So sorry to hear about that. I’m afraid they aren’t automatically backed up anywhere.

It won’t help this time, but you might try the back-up to Dropbox plugin. It’s a well made, free plugin that automatically backs up your site to Dropbox.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Alison Price
    Participant

bill,
    i accidentally hit restore default….. i do have a backup file (2actually, one information_schema and one krad_wrdpr1) in SQL format but I don’t know how to restore.

thanks,
    Alison

Bill Robbins

Alison,

You can restore it. You’ll need to use your web host’s control panel to find the phpMyAdmin. Using that you can access your database directly. There should be an import feature you can use there to import your file.

Be careful though, because changes made there can’t be easily undone.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Alison Price
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Hostgator told me that the SQL file format is only the databases… that info will not restore the customizations i had made to the theme. It doesn’t look like I backed up correctly then because all i have are two SQL files…

Bill Robbins

Alison,

If you entered your customizations into the Styling tab of the theme options page, then they are part of the database. If you have a complete backup of your database, then that would be restored along with it.

Also if you made changes directly to the themes files, they wouldn’t be reset with the theme options.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Restoring customization’ is closed to new replies.