Remove Staff Links

Support Area Forums Foundation Remove Staff Links

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://benwinterman.com/elainenew/?staff-group=board
  • Author
    Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

What file needs to be changed in order to remove the hyperlink from the staff’s name? Thank you.

Elaine Tenzer

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Elaine,

You can remove those links. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose staff-group-item.php
    3. Replace all the content of the file with this:

(Make sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

4. Save your changes.

That should take out the links from the staff photo and name.

Have a good day,
    Bill

Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

Bill
    I had seen that information in the forums for another theme but I checked at that time and the file does not exist in the Foundation theme. Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Shoot. You were asking about Forward last time and I didn’t catch that this for Foundation. Same idea. Edit staff-entry.php and make it like this:

Take care,
    Bill

Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

I think your support for these templates is amazing. This is why I am currently working with 2 of them – Foundation and Forward – for 2 different clients. However, the only “group” php file in Foundation is one called Taxonomy-staff-group.php. When I replaced the div code with yours, it produced a page for just a single staff member. It did take the link off though!

Thanks,
    Elaine

Bill Robbins

Thanks for working with us…we do try to be helpful. The file in Foundation is staff-entry.php. Sorry for not making that clearer before the code in the last post. Replace everything in staff-entry.php with the second set of code I posted and that should do it.

Let me know if it gives you trouble,
    Bill

Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

So the only php files for Foundation are

page-staff
    single-staff
    taxonomy-staff-group

None of them worked! I had to restore the original php files.

Sorry!

Bill Robbins

There are a couple of dozen php files that make up the Foundation theme.

Instead of trying to edit inside of WordPress, use either a FTP program or the file browser that’s in your web host’s control panel. Go to the wp-content/themes/foundation/includes/ folder. You should be able to find the staff-entry.php file.

Elaine Tenzer
    Participant

Thanks. That makes more sense.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Staff Links’ is closed to new replies.