Remove copyright from beneath sidebar

Support Area Forums Foxy Remove copyright from beneath sidebar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sasha Bell
    Participant

I am wondering how one changes and/or removes the “copyright (name) 2013” from beneath the sidebar, please.

I have found another posting on other themes which recommend doing it through the “footer.php” editor under “Appearances”, but I have not found the code that suggests the copyright section, or the organised themes link.

Can you please let me know the easiest way to remove and/or change this, it’d be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Robbins

Hey Sasha,

Good question there. If you’ll look in the General Options tab in the Theme Options page, you’ll find an option for the “footer text.” Whatever you enter there will replace the default copyright statement that’s below the sidebar. Give that a shot and let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Sasha Bell
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

I’m embarrassed it was something so simple.

Have a good one.

Bill Robbins

No problem. This used to be harder than it needed to be.

Kais
    Participant

Hi Bill

I have tried changing the text. In the original there are two lines – is there a trick to formating the text so you can say when the second line starts – such as a line break

Thanks

Bill Robbins

That’s a bit tricky. The theme options page will filter out any HTML as a security measure.

If you need two lines, here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose footer.php and find this spot:

<p><a href="/">© <?php echo date('Y'); ?> <?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a><br /><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.organizedthemes.com" title="Another great theme from Organized Themes">Organized Themes</a></p> 

3. Replace that with the content you’d like to go there. To add a break, place this where you’d like to separate the lines:
    4. Save your changes.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Dennis Mondolo
    Participant

Hi Bill…and apologies to Sasha for highjacking your question.
    I have followed your instructions above to edit the footer.php but can’t find the line you mention.
    What I see is this:

<?php

/**
     * Creates the site footer
     * @since 	   1.3.0
     */

?>

</div><!-- Close Wrap -->

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

</body>
    </html>

<!-- <?php echo get_num_queries(); ?> queries. <?php timer_stop(1); ?> seconds. -->

How can I have a simple copyright line and on the next line a URL to another webiste?

Thanks in advance
    Dennis

Bill Robbins

So sorry. That should be sidebar.php not footer.php. Try looking for it there and see if that won’t let you edit the text.

To insert a link, it’ll look something like this:

Just replace the http://yoursite.com with the URL you’d like to link to and the Link Text with the text you’d like to turn into a link.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove copyright from beneath sidebar’ is closed to new replies.