Redirects breaking on front page menu items

Support Area Forums Bottega Redirects breaking on front page menu items

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Melissa Findley
    Participant

First of all, I love this theme, and even though it’s meant for a restaurant, we’ve managed to make it work for our community theatre website.

http://TheatreTallahassee.org

However, we wanted the front page boxes to redirect to specific pages that our users visit most often, in particular the page where they can purchase tickets for our shows. In order to do this, I set up the menu items, then set them to redirect to the correct pages. Most of the time this works just fine, but in the last two and a half weeks, since we’ve been using this theme, the redirects will randomly stop working and instead take visitors to the blank menu pages. I’ve added links to those pages to take them where they should be, but I’d rather they just worked.

Is there a way to ensure that the redirects do what they’re supposed to? Or a way to have the front row of boxes pull featured images from pages rather than menu items or posts? Or is there something I’m doing wrong that’s causing the redirects not to work correctly?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Bill Robbins

Melissa,

Thank you for your business first of all. I really do appreciate it. I took a look at your site, but it returned a server not found error. I wanted to make sure that this:

was the correct URL. Just let me know and I’ll be glad to take a look.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Melissa Findley
    Participant

Yes, that’s the correct URL. (Sorry for the late reply, we’re all busy trying to get a show up and running along with our website!)

Bill Robbins

Melissa,

Perfect. It’s working now. I took a look and my first thought is that it’s most likely related to the caching on your site. That would explain why it works sometimes but not others. You could experiment with it by turning off the caching and any other performance related plugins and see if it’s more consistent then.

I do understand the value of good caching, so if that’s the issue, you may want to go with adding redirects manually instead of using the field. Just a thought. I highly recommend the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin for titles and descriptions and it also has a good redirect option that’s available in the advanced tab that it adds to each post. That might be another simple option to add in the redirects.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirects breaking on front page menu items’ is closed to new replies.