Provide filter for the podcasts

Support Area Forums Epic Provide filter for the podcasts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Fay Hui
    Participant

Hi Bill,

We’d like to provide some filters to help the users to find the sermon podcast they want by date, series, and by speakers. So there can be three boxes on top of the archived podcast page for users to select the filter.

I know that right now the users can go to the individual podcast and click the series or the speaker link to get a list of podcast to that speaker or series. But this require the users to look through the entire list of podcast to find the series or speaker. And also cannot find by date…

Can you give me some pointers on how we can provide the filter functions?

Bill Robbins

Fay,

Great idea on the filters. One option you can use is to install a plugin called Taxonomy Widget which lets you add a list widget of all the terms in a particular taxonomy.

The speakers and series that we use are custom taxonomies. You can use the widget to create a list of all your speakers and/or all your series.

For the date, you might try WordPress Custom Post Type Archive plugin. It creates a widget that allows you to display year and month archives of custom post types. Our podcast section is made with a custom post type.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Provide filter for the podcasts’ is closed to new replies.