Previous posts link on home page

Support Area Forums Foundation Previous posts link on home page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    elise lambert
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to add at the bottom of the home page, just under the 5 posts, a link to previous posts. I just cant figure out how to do that!
    I hope you can help!
    thanks,
    Elise

Bill Robbins

Elise,

Here’s one way you could go about adding a link to your previous posts. Go to the Appearance section and select widgets to open up the widget screen. Drag a text widget to the home page section. You can use a title or leave it blank; your choice. Into the large box for copy paste this:

Just change the http://www.yourlink.com/page to point to your blog page and change the Link Name to text you’d like to use for your link.

Then click update and you should now have a link to your posts below the featured row.

If you have any questions, let me know.

elise lambert
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the quick reply. On the widget page, I have the choice to put it to “Home top” or “home bottom” so it will go on one of the sidebars.
    What id like is to put it just under the last post on the home page.
    Not sure if Im very clear.
    Here is the site:
    http://paris2emecirco.fr/

And one more question, would it be possible to put more than 5 articles on the home page?

Sorry to ask so many questions! I love this theme by the way, it looks so great.

Thanks,

Elise

Bill Robbins

So sorry, I thought I was in the Bottega Theme forum. I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme. Here’s how to add a link below the posts on the home page as well as show more posts:

1. Go to the appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit (or use the editor of your choice if you have one).
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php and look for the section that looks like this:

3. Replace that section with the code above. I made two changes to the code above. I changed it to show 10 posts vs. the max of 5. If you need to change that, look in the second line where it says showposts=10 and change the 10 to the number of posts you’d like to show there.
    4. The link is added in the next to last line. It’s like the example above so you can edit it to say what you’d like it to as well as point to the right URL.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

elise lambert
    Participant

That worked perfectly!!
    Thank you so much for all your help!
    Elise

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Previous posts link on home page’ is closed to new replies.