post widget

Support Area Forums Elite post widget

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    steven radzikowski
    Participant

Mr. Bill, on your Elite sample page there is a homepage block widget showing a post. only 1 post. however, when i add that widget to my homepage it shows about 3 or 4 recent entries. very cluttered. Is there a way I can show only the most recent post?

Bill Robbins

Great question Steven. In the demo, we use a “Featured Post Widget” to add in the section of blog posts to the front page.

The widget will let you choose a category and the number of posts to display in that widget so you could choose just one.

The demo also shows a Home Block – Page Content widget (that’s the section that has a picture on the left and starts with “Flexibility” on the right. That widget pulls content in from a WordPress page and shows it on the home page.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

steven radzikowski
    Participant

Thanks Mr. Bill. Thats good. For some reason I didnt use that because it didnt say home block. guess I was a little stupid on that one. Question about the width of the hero subtitle text. i noticed its a ltitle snug. then my text gets put on two lines when i want it on one. Any way I can fix that?

Thank you.

Steven

steven radzikowski
    Participant

Also the widget for the ALERT box…it looks strange taht my sentence is broken into two lines.

http://gudkarma.com/

Can i adjust the width of these areas?

Bill Robbins

That’s a great point. I didn’t name it “Home Block” in this instance because I believe we made that widget so that it will work in the other sidebar areas. The ones that say “Home Block” aren’t formatted to work there.

You can also make more space for your hero captions/text. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

nav#top-menu ul li:hover > ul {
      	width: 300px; 
      }

h2.hero-title {
      	width: 100%;
      }

.hero-caption p {
      	width: 100%;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should give you more room for the titles and captions. It’ll also make more room for your drop-down menus so they don’t spill out of their box.

For the alert box, it looks like it’s staying on one line until the screen shrinks below 768 pixels where it should break into two lines. If you’re seeing something different there (see attached screenshot), let me know which browser you’re using and version and I’ll take a look with that one too.

Thanks,
    Bill

steven radzikowski
    Participant

Bill, I pasted that as you suggested, however the Alert box is still making a new line of text. The menu now doesnt spill over though. so thats good. I am using Opera. I checked on chrome and also same problem. Actually i noticed the menu problem again on chrome. Sorry for all the problems. Thanks for the utmost speed in replying.

Steven

Bill Robbins

Steven,

Let’s try adding this to the Custom CSS box which should force it to not wrap:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {

p.attention-description {
              white-space: nowrap;
         }

}

See if that won’t keep the attention widget text from wrapping.

Bill

steven radzikowski
    Participant

@media or #media?

Bill Robbins

@media — it starts off a CSS media query. That will keep the line from wrapping when the screen is 768 pixels wide or larger. On a small screen like a phone, you’ll need it to wrap otherwise it’ll spill off the screen.

steven radzikowski
    Participant

i pasted

#media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {

p.attention-description {
              white-space: nowrap;
         }

}

as you can see..same problem.

Attachments:
    steven radzikowski
    Participant

MR. Bill, Working fine now. Thanks a lot for your help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘post widget’ is closed to new replies.