possible to…

Support Area Forums Kerygma possible to…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Micah Hensley
    Participant

use the homepage template on another page? What i’m thinking is using it with mostly just connect boxes for a page that displays all the ministries of the church where they can click on each ministry to get to their page from there. If so…how can I get to the widgets? I tried adding another and just renaming it but it never showed up in the widgets.

Thanks Bill! Loving this theme! It’s basically what we’ve been looking for!

Bill Robbins

Micah,

I’m glad the theme has worked out for you. If you essentially need to reuse the home page template, I would use the Content Aware Sidebars plugin ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/ ) to create new sidebars to replace the home page one only on a specific page.

You can use that idea to create numerous pages using the home page template, each with unique content too.

See how that works for you and let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Ok, so I downloaded the plug in and tried it but maybe I’m doing something wrong b/c I’m still getting all the widgets from the true homepage…any advice??

Bill Robbins

It sounds like something may not be set up correctly. I’ve attached a screenshot of how I set up a new sidebar to replace the home one on the “Sample Page” page. Essentially you choose a page, or post or category from the left hand column, like in the menu builder. Then you add it to a conditional group. The last part is setting how the new sidebar should work. You’ll want to make it replace the home sidebar in both the singular and archive view. Then publish it.

That should let the new sidebar populate with widgets on the page that you’ve created.

Let me know how that goes,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘possible to…’ is closed to new replies.