Permalink for Events Pages

Support Area Forums Kerygma Permalink for Events Pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://fathershouseafc.com
  • Author
    Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Good morning. I’m having terrible issues with my events page. I also can’t seem to respond quick enough and the discussions keep getting closed for further comments. Sorry. I’m only in the office two mornings a week. I couldn’t get my old events page back after an update to WP. I have tried to redo the page and it has continued to link back to some funny posts page. I deleted that page and started a new one. Somehow though the page’s permalink is http://fathershouseafc.com/events-2__trashed/events/ I obviously want to get ride of the -2_trashed/events part. Can you help? Also, the ‘Events’ link at the top of the page no longer works and I can’t figure out how to make that link to the actual events page.

Thank you!

Carolyn

Bill Robbins

Hi Carolyn,

You can change the link in your navigation menu by going to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and clicking on Menus. This is where you can make changes to your WordPress navigation menus.

There is a drop down at the top to select a menu to edit. The items in that menu will be on your right. You can click on the down arrow on the right of any item to open up options for that item including a delete link. You can use that to remove the current events link that isn’t the correct one.

On the left hand side of this screen you’ll see page, posts and other content types that can be added to the menu. I’m not a user of the events plugin that the site is running, so I don’t know how they want you to add it to your navigation. You can use the custom link option to make a link to any URL. They may have a page for you to add.

Sorry for the posts closing before you replied back. They were set to time out after 10 days. I just extended that to give more breathing room.

This may be a time when it’s best to ask the plugin author for help. This is not a plugin that I use and because of that, I don’t know where to tell you to go to make changes or what those changes would be. The plugin has its own support forum on WordPress.org that you can use for questions related to it.

Take care,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Okay. The page isn’t even there anymore. I guess I’ll try to get in touch with the creator of the plugin. Thank you.

Carolyn

Bill Robbins

Carolyn,

They also have a documentation page at http://wp-events-plugin.com/documentation/ that may help you out too. I would look through the getting started sections and see if they shed some light on the situation for you.

Let me know if you still aren’t able to get it set up.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalink for Events Pages’ is closed to new replies.