Page Sidebar Not Working

Support Area Forums Moonrise Page Sidebar Not Working

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I can’t seem to get the page sidebar to work on any page…

Home page sidebars work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christian.

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

How do i search support posts within a certain theme support area?

I’ve been reading your replies to people’s questions, but how do i see their original question?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill Robbins

Christian,

Sorry for the trouble. The forum plugin and the membership plugin are causing the top post in the forum to only be visible by me. Sorry for that limitation at the moment. If they can’t clear up the conflict we’ll swap to a ticket based system.

Sorry for the trouble with the page sidebar. Here’s how to take care of that.

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose sidebar.php
    3. Replace everything there with this:
    4. Save your changes.

See if that won’t bring up the page sidebar for you. If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve updated the sidebar with the following copy:

<?php tha_sidebars_before(); ?>

<div id=”sidebar”>

<?php tha_sidebar_top(); ?>

<?php

if ( is_category() && is_active_sidebar(‘sidebar-category’) ) : dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar-category’);

elseif ( is_page() && is_active_sidebar(‘sidebar-page’) ) : dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar-page’);

elseif ( is_singular( ‘post’ ) && is_active_sidebar(‘sidebar-post’) ) : dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar-post’);

elseif ( is_tax( ‘menu-group’ ) && is_active_sidebar(‘sidebar-food’) ) : dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar-food’);

elseif ( is_tax( ‘service-group’ ) && is_active_sidebar(‘sidebar-services’) ) : dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar-services’);

elseif ( is_singular( ‘service’ ) && is_active_sidebar(‘sidebar-services’) ) : dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar-services’ );

else : ?>

<?php dynamic_sidebar(‘sidebar’) ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php tha_sidebar_bottom(); ?>

</div>

But it hasn’t fixed the problem unfortunately.

Any other suggestions?

Will i be able to control which widget get displayed on each page when the feature works?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill Robbins

You can always add it to the Default Sidebar. That one appears everywhere unless one of the more specific sidebars is in use.

What I sometimes do to make sure I have the right sidebar visible, is I’ll place a text widget inside each sidebar that has the name of the sidebar in it. That way I know for certain which one is showing there.

I have an update to the theme ready to go today you can also wait for it to update code too. Even then it still may be good to try the text widget labels to make sure everything is in the right spot.

Bill

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Got the default widget working, that’s good enough for now, thanks.

Christian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Sidebar Not Working’ is closed to new replies.