Oversized logo

Support Area Forums Authentic Oversized logo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Philip Cochrane
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Really looking forward to using the theme but seem to have fallen at the first hurdle. I uploaded a temporary logo and also a first slide, but when I view the logo is massive and dominates the whole page and the slide is undersized.
    Can you point me in the right direction to resolve the issue?
    Thanks!
    Philip

Bill Robbins

Philip,

Thank you for your business first of all. Let me see if I can help with your image sizing.

Logo: For best results, you’ll want to set your image to be around 90 to 100 pixels tall. If you need more space for your logo, let me know and I’ll be happy to help you add some more room for it.

Slides: For the slideshow, your images will need to be 670 pixels wide by 350 pixels tall. WordPress will size these down, but it will not scale them up if the source image is smaller than that. You’ll probably get the best results if you create the images to be that size. WordPress actually has some image editing built into its media section. If you’ll select an image in the Media Library and then choose edit image, you can crop and make other small adjustments there.

If you have any trouble, let me know and I’ll be glad to help.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill Robbins

Giulio Sciorio
    Participant

Bill,

Love the Foxy theme! I’m moving my entire business and branding over to it. I would love to make my logo larger then 100px high. Right now its 146 tall by 200px wide and is covering the search box. How can I move the menu down?

Bill Robbins

Glad you’re enjoying the theme. You can make more room for your logo. Here’s how to do it.

1) Go to the appearance section and select theme options.
    2) Choose the “Styling” tab and then select “Yes” to include custom styling.
    3) Scroll down to the very bottom until you find a box called “Custom CSS”
    4) Paste this into the box:

header { margin-bottom: 145px; }

5) Save your changes.

That should give you more space before the content area starts. If you need more or less, then adjust the 112px to a different value. You may need to experiment to get just the right effect.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Giulio Sciorio
    Participant

Works great. Thank you Bill!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Oversized logo’ is closed to new replies.