Newletter Signup sends multiple confirmation e-mails

Support Area Forums Epic Newletter Signup sends multiple confirmation e-mails

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.perfectingfaithministry.org
  • Author
    Elroy Philip
    Participant

Hello,

I have setup the epic theme and connected my mailchimp account api and list id to the newsletter signup form without any problems. However, every-time someone signs up for the newsletter they receive two confirmation e-mails.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Elroy,

Sorry for the trouble there. I just made a small update to the theme that hopefully will take care of that for you. It should show up in the updates section of your dashboard shortly. If that doesn’t do the trick, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Charles Smith
    Participant

Bill
    I think the update has broken the newsletter signups. I have confirmed an issue on two sites. This site (www.fccilm.org) gives an error message:

require_once(mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/wp-content/themes/epic/layouts/newsletter.php on line 25

I have verified the API numbers and list ID’s on both sites.

Chuck

Bill Robbins

Chuck,

Hmmm…where are you seeing the error message? It’s not showing up on my sites with the theme?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Chuck,

If you want to you change this in newsletter.php:

require_once('mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php');

to this:

require_once(get_template_directory().'/includes/mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php');

and see if that makes a difference for you.

Bill

Charles Smith
    Participant

That did it Bill… Thanks.

As always your support is outstanding!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. I’ll make that change for everyone.

Take care Chuck.

Elroy Philip
    Participant

Thanks Bill I unchecked the Disable Theme Updates theme option, updated the theme and the changes worked. I thank you for your quick response and thoroughness. Elroy

Bill Robbins

I’m glad to hear that did the trick Elroy. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Have a great Sunday,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Newletter Signup sends multiple confirmation e-mails’ is closed to new replies.