Nav Bar

Support Area Forums Kerygma Nav Bar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Our top nav menu has a lot of items so it wraps into two lines. Is there a way in the CSS to increase the distance between the two nav lines?

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Susan,

We should be able to adjust that. What’s the URL to the spot where you’re working with it so I can make sure to send you the correct CSS for your site?

Thanks,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending that over. I can work with the CSS on your site which keeps me from having to recreate something similar which saves a bit of time.

You can adjust the spacing between the rows like this:

nav#top-menu li {
    	margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

I did notice the drop-down menus were a bit out of reach. There’s an option in the theme options page (I believe the header tab) where you can set a top margin. If you’ll use a negative one there (maybe like -60), it’ll pull them up for you. You may have to experiment a bit.

Let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. That works.

Yes, I noticed the drop-down menu and was playing around with the adjustment. We might just do away with the drop-downs.

Thanks again.

Bill Robbins

Anther option would be to switch to the mobile menu for desktop sized screens. That will give your visitors access to everything, but minimize the amount of space the menu takes up.

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

That’s a good idea. Something to consider.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Nav Bar’ is closed to new replies.