moving menu and logo to the left side of the page

Support Area Forums Foxy moving menu and logo to the left side of the page

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mohammad Golabi
    Participant

hi

first of all i would like to thank you for your nice themes. they are all wonderful.
    i just want to know is it possible to move logo and menu to far left (almost at the left
    side of the page with just a little gap between browser edge and menu)?

and is it possible to fix the top bar (that one with search field and social media links)
    so it wouldn’t scroll when we scroll the page.

best regards

Bill Robbins

Mohammad,

Thank you for your business first of all and I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the themes.

Here’s how to fix the header bar to the top of your site and move the logo over to the left:

• Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    • At the top of the page, select “yes” to include custom styling.
    • Scroll down until you see a box labeled “Custom CSS” and paste this into that box:

header {
      	position: fixed;
      	width: 100%;
      	top: 0;
      }

#logo,
      #text-logo {
      	margin: 60px 40px;
      }

aside.sidebar {
      	position: absolute;
      	left: 40px;
      	top: 180px;
      }

• Update your settings.
    • That should fix the header bar in place and also move the logo over to the left as well.

Moving the sidebar over is a bit trickier, but it can be done. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
      2. From the list of files on your right, choose index.php and look for this spot:

<aside class="sidebar">
        		<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</aside>

3. Delete that and save your changes.
      4. Repeat that for the these files too: 404.php, page-blank.php, page.php, search.php, single.php, single-food.php, single-service.php, single-staff.php, taxonomy-menu-group.php, taxonomy-staff-group.php, and taxonomy-service-group.php
      5. Next edit footer.php and look for this spot:

<footer> 

and paste this right above that:

6. Save your changes.

That should move the sidebar over. If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
      Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘moving menu and logo to the left side of the page’ is closed to new replies.