Missing content on front page

Support Area Forums Foxy Missing content on front page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.lvbageri.dk
  • Author
    Nicolai Kibsgaard
    Participant

When i go to my site http://www.lvbageri.dk there is no content on the front page or in the menu. If i click on a another site from the menu, the content appears. If i the go to the front page, the contet is there.

What can i do to solve this?

Bill Robbins

Hello Nicolai,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. I took at your site, both by clicking the link you provided and also typing the URL directly. In both cases the site pulled up for me. I’ve attached a screenshot of what it looks like on my end.

If you’re seeing something else, let me know. Also let me know what browser, version and operating system you’re having the trouble with.

Thanks,
    Bill

Nicolai Kibsgaard
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have attatched a screenshot, so you can see what i mean.

I have been reading through some of the topics in the support forum, and hav come to the conclusion that it is google fonts that is the problem. The content show up fine in evry other browser than chrome. When i disable google fonts, the content shows up fine in google chrome as well.

So the solution would be to just disable google fonts, but that would ruin my design totally. Unless there is another way to use the raleway font, or one similar.

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

That definitely looks like the problem. There have been a few fixes that have worked for some sites. One of the more promising ones, I turned into a plugin that you can download from https://support.organizedthemes.com/chrome-font-bug/ . Hopefully it will bring back your fonts until Google releases an update to Chrome and fixes their bug. It’s really frustrating that they were aware of the bug and still released this version.

If I can help, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Nicolai Kibsgaard
    Participant

I tried the fix, but i did not work. The content is still missing on the front page the first time you view it. is there a way i can bypass google fonts, and set a custom font for the content?

Bill Robbins

The only certain way around it is to disable Google Fonts. That will revert to using “system fonts” which are ones that are commonly installed on computers. You can specify which ones you’d like to use. Go to the Styling tab of the theme options page and scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

body {
    	font-family: Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif;
    }

You can use the “font stack” there to suggest which fonts to be visible. The first one on the left will be used if it’s installed. If it’s not the next one will be used and so on.

It’s not as nice of an option, but considering this bug, it’s the only certain way around it.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing content on front page’ is closed to new replies.