Menus don't always load

Support Area Forums Foxy Menus don't always load

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael D’Onofrio
    Participant

Often when a computer loads the home page of my website, none of the menu items load leaving just the background image. Usually it happens only on the initial load of the page–each time you refresh thereafter, the menus usually load.

I’ve noticed this problem on many different test machines, although most of the machines I tested fell under the domain of one or two of the same routers. Could it be a problem with either of the routers? Both the routers are known to have connection issues or choppy loading with sustaining streaming video (e.g. youtube) leading me to believe there is packet loss from time to time.

Is there a server setting I can change? Is this a known glitch for the foxy theme? Is it my router? If it’s my router can I change a setting on the server to make the website more friendly to people with low connection quality?

Mike

Michael D’Onofrio
    Participant

None of the machines tested have problems loading common websites (e.g. espn, yahoo, etc).

Bill Robbins

You can disable the fade effect and see if that helps the loading for you. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css and look for this line:

.wrap, .header-bar, footer { display: none; /* hide for fade in */ }

3. Delete that line and save your changes.
    4. Open up custom-js.php and look for this spot:

// fade in content
      $j(document).ready(function(){
      setTimeout(function(){
      $j(“.wrap, .header-bar, footer”).fadeIn(“slow”, function () {
      });
      }, 1500);
      });

5. Delete that too and save your changes

See if removing that effect doesn’t help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Menus don't always load’ is closed to new replies.