Menu Items and Misbehaving Text

Support Area Forums Moonrise Menu Items and Misbehaving Text

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Justin Folkers
    Participant

I have encountered a few meddlesome issues when configuring this theme and was hoping you can point me in the right direction… Apologies if these are rudimentary.

1st: When I enter text into the Menu section introduction field it populates the intro field under Services as well. And anything I enter in the Services intro field does not appear at all. Any ideas?

2nd: How do I get the social media icons to appear at the bottom of the page without the other menu items? I don’t want to see Home, About us or any other items there, just the icons as in the demo.

3rd: Along that same line… I have icons at the bottom of the page, but the text links for ‘Twitter’ and ‘Facebook’ still appear at the top next to ‘Home’ and other menu items. How do I retain the icons at the bottom while removing the text at the top?

Thanks for the great theme and any assistance you can provide.

http://173.239.45.59/~dieselca

-justin

Bill Robbins

Justin,

Thank you for your business first of all. Let’s see if I can help you out:

1. Sorry about that. That looks like a bug on my part. Here’s how to fix it:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select “edit.”
    2. From the list of files on the right, choose home-services.php.
    3. At the top of the file, replace this line:

<?php if(of_get_option('menu_intro', $single = true) != ""){ echo '<p>'.of_get_option('menu_intro').'</p>'; } ?>

with this:

4. Save your changes.

That should squash the bug there.

2. The best option would be to make a separate navigation menu for your social icons. That’s what I did in the demo. Once you’ve done that, you can assign it to the “Social Media Links (footer)” location. If you’ve already done that and the Home and About Us links are there, you can remove them by clicking the down arrow next to the menu item’s label and then selecting “remove.”

3. Having a separate menu should take care of that for you too.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask,
    Bill

Justin Folkers
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Bill! RE: Item 1 – thanks for the bug fix, it’s working now.

RE: Items 2 & 3: That certainly does the trick! thanks much.

Another quick one: is there a way to adjust the spacing between the headings and introduction text?

-Justin

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that fixed the problem. You can change the spacing between the section title and description. Just place this snippet in the Custom CSS box in the styling tab of the theme options page:

h2.section-title {
    	margin-bottom: 50px;
    }

Just change the 50px to the number of pixels of space you’d like to have between the bottom of the title and the section description.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Items and Misbehaving Text’ is closed to new replies.