Menu Item Spacing

Support Area Forums Moonrise Menu Item Spacing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

How can i space out items on the menu?

I have tried using the order number feature on the backend but in this case it didn’t make any difference.

I’m trying to make ‘All Teas’ on the menu space a line below the last Tea item, as ‘All Cakes’ does on the Cake section.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill Robbins

In the spot for the description of the item, try entering a space with your spacebar once and then update your menu item. See if that won’t give you a bit more room.

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately it hasn’t done the job.

I have also tried hitting the spacebar and return for the item directly above All Cakes on the menu, no joy though.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill Robbins

You’re right. Since it uses the excerpt, it’ll filter out the space. You might try the Advanced Excerpt plugin to change what’s allowed in the excerpt. You could set it so that it keeps the html and then add this to the excerpt for that menu item:

which is the HTML entity for a space. If that doesn’t get it then the only other option would be to actually leave an excerpt with some text there. There’s not a hook in the individual menu items to style them uniquely.

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me about this, i’ll give your suggestions a go, cheers, Christian.

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve installed the plugin and it did the job, however, it also added … to every excerpt which i did manage to lose, but then i also lost the excerpt that i wanted to keep. So i’ve uninstalled and added the HTML space code to the excerpt above the ‘All Teas’ menu item and that works just fine. I had forgotten about the spacing code.

Thanks for reminding me!

Christian.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Have a great day Christian.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Item Spacing’ is closed to new replies.