"Media" Category Question

Support Area Forums Authentic "Media" Category Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant

I’m working on a website for our summer Kids Camp: http://wikidscamp.org

As I’m creating the structure and categories (even past archives), I’m struggling with the “media” category. It seems there is something “default” going on with that particular “page” or “category”. I wouldn’t mind that being turned off, so I can show just a list of posts that are in the “media” category, but there is some specific styling and template stuff going on.

Is there a way to turn that special styling off on the “media” category page so I can have it as just a regular blog category page like I have the “blog” setup? http://wikidscamp.org/media

Or, if it is difficult to do that, what am I doing wrong that the media (in this case, video embeds) is not showing up?

By the way… I love this theme! Way to go. Really easy to use. Great way to use it as more of a website, with the power of a blog behind it! Thanks!!

Bill Robbins

Jeremy,

I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme and sorry for the default media category giving you trouble. There are two ways to turn it off:

1. Go to the Appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive.php
    3. Copy all the content of this file.
    4. Now open up the file called category-media.php
    5. Delete all the code in category-media.php
    6. Paste the code from archive.php into category-media.php
    7. Save your changes.

That should make your media category look just like all the others.

The other option is to use a FTP program or your web host’s control panel to delete the category-media.php file from the theme folder itself. That would cause that category to be displayed just the others too.

If you have any questions or run into any trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill Robbins

Jeremy
    Participant

That worked! Thanks, Bill!

I also learned something new about how the archives.php thing works by doing that… thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘"Media" Category Question’ is closed to new replies.