Making Foundation Responsive

Support Area Forums Foundation Making Foundation Responsive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    ancd
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Haven’t been here a long time. Thanks for helping use a lot. I would like to add jQuery file and other related CSS file to make the Foundation theme responsive.

My first step will be to link the jQuery file via the header.php, and then tweak the CSS file. In fact, I have already designed/written the HTML/CSS codes for a mobile-friendly home page. But for expedience, I would like to know if you already jQuery/CSS files I can use? Or perhaps there is a way to incorporate my design into the Foundation theme without breaking it.

Thanks for your help.
    Dare

Bill Robbins

Hello Dare,

Good question. Starting with version 3.0, the theme has responsive styles already built in. If you had previously removed them, you can always download the current version of the theme from the list on the right of this page and then copy the media queries out and paste them back into your copy of the theme.

If you’d like add in files to the <head> section of your site you can do that. You can either edit the header.php file and access them there. You could also edit the scripts.php file which is where the various jQuery plugins included with the theme are loaded. WordPress loads scripts by enqueuing them either into the head or footer of a site depending on which you need to do.

I hope that helps out.

Have a great week,
    Bill

ancd
    Participant

Nice. I will download and give it a try. Thanks for your excellent work. I have another question but I’ll create a new thread.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Making Foundation Responsive’ is closed to new replies.