Link 'staff' entries to PDF

Support Area Forums Foxy Link 'staff' entries to PDF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Dan Convey
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email yesterday. Most of it is resolved now. Just one query… After downloading the Simple Redirect plugin, I added the PDF to the media library which gave the link:

and on the right-hand side was this link:

http://esmefox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Oslo-Food-and-Travel-mag-Esme-Fox.pdf

However the Simple Redirect box didn’t come up when I went to edit the ‘Staff’ entry. So I’m not sure where I’m going wrong when trying to link the ‘staff’ entry to the PDF.

Also, to make it easier for my friend to update is there a way of changing ‘Staff’ to ‘Portfolio’ in the WP interface? Just to avoid confusion for her?

And generally, for the page backgrounds is there an optimum size for the least page load time that the images should be or will WP automatically optimise them?

Thanks, Dan

Bill Robbins

Sorry Dan, that plugin evidently doesn’t support custom post types. You can deactivate it. Let’s do it this way. There is a good plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast which lets you craft your titles and descriptions for search engines. It also has a redirect feature that does work with custom post types (like our staff section).

Install and activate that plugin and edit your first staff member. You’ll see a new box labeled WordPress SEO by Yoast. In it, click on the Advanced tab (see screenshot). It has a field for a 301 redirect. This is where you’ll enter the URL for your PDF.

See how that works for you. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Link 'staff' entries to PDF’ is closed to new replies.