I've lost the page tabs within the site

Support Area Forums Elite I've lost the page tabs within the site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://equityreputations.com
  • Author
    kathy Wilson
    Participant

Hi Bill Using your advice I removed the header tabs from my home page (this was a while ago) but I also managed to lose the navigation bar on the inside pages of the site. I think I must have made them invisible and I remove this from the advanced section with the theme options menu.

home #header {
    display: none;
    }

Can you please tell me how to get the header menu bar back on all the pages other than the home page? I appreciate your help.
    Kathy

Bill Robbins

Hello Kathy,

Let’s see if we can find your menu. I took a look at your site, and I didn’t see the menu code in the source of your front page. If it was just hidden with CSS, the code that makes up the menu would still be there.

The first place I would check would be in the menu settings to make sure your menu is assigned to the location in the theme for it. When you’re editing a menu, there are checkboxes at the bottom that you can use to assign a menu to a location. You can also use the Menu Locations tab on that page too.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick.

Take care,
    Bill

kathy Wilson
    Participant

Hi That’s great. Thanks. The only thing now is that the the menu is now also across the home page. Is there a way to remove the menu from the home page but have it in the other pages?
    Kathy

Bill Robbins

You can take it out of the home page only. Give this a try:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.home nav#top-menu {
      	display: none;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

kathy Wilson
    Participant

Beautiful1 Fixed. Thanks

Bill Robbins

Anytime. Have a great day Kathy 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘I've lost the page tabs within the site’ is closed to new replies.