Install Updated foxy theme with new name

Support Area Forums Foxy Install Updated foxy theme with new name

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kais
    Participant

Hi Bill

I am installing the undated foxy theme.
    I had previously created a child theme for Foxy and all was working.

So to implement the upgrade; I renamed the new version of the Foxy theme to Foxy_v2, so I now have a Foxy theme and an Foxy_v2 theme installed.
    I made a copy of all the child theme files and changed the style.css file to look for a theme named foxy_v2.

On the WordPress dashboard I am told my new child theme is not complete, the message is
    The parent theme is missing. Please install the “foxy_v2” parent theme.

My question is:
    In order to change the name of a theme (from Foxy to Foxy_v2) what files should I edit?

I am planing to move over the custom settings from Foxy to Foxy_v2 manually, unless you have a better suggestion.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Kais

Kais
    Participant

Typo should be updated not undated – sorry

Bill Robbins

Kais,

I believe we can get things pointed in the right direction. At the top of your child theme’s style.css file, it should look something like this:

/*
    Theme Name:     Foxy Child Theme
    Description:    A custom child theme for Foxy
    Author:         Kais
    Template:       foxy

*/

@import url("../foxy/style.css");

Here the template: foxy makes reference to the name of the parent theme that’s set in its style.css file. So if you’re making a new child theme to go with the updated parent theme in a different directory, you’ll need to change the parent theme’s name at the top of it’s style.css file and then reference that as the template in the child theme’s style.css file. That should make it work then.

Make sure that the updated parent theme has the correct name in the style.css file and hopefully that will take care of it for you.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Install Updated foxy theme with new name’ is closed to new replies.