Increase Title Image.2

Support Area Forums Foxy Increase Title Image.2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Allie Yocum
    Participant

Dear Bill,
    I am interested in using a font/image – Just Realized Bold – from this website: http://fontmeme.com/cursive-fonts/ for my title image. I generated the title “The Painted Dogs” and saved the file. It also provided the html code to use.

I have seen the topics about adjusting the space for the title, but when I upload the file, it still comes out very small- even though I have expanded the space and tried using font size 60 all the way up to 200.

Any ideas?

As far as the code goes, I wouldn’t know where to insert it.

Thanks in advance.

You can view what I am trying to do here: http://www.thepainteddogs.com/tryagainyaya/

Best,
    Allie

Bill Robbins

Allie,

Great question. What you’ll want to do is save the image that fontmeme.com produces for you (you can drag it to your desktop to save it). Then you can use the uploader that’s built into the theme options page to add it to your site.

The theme does set a width for the logo. Here’s what you can do to change it.

1. Go to the theme options page and select they styling tab.
    2. Select “yes” at the top to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom until you see the box for “Custom CSS”
    4. Paste this into the box:

header {
      	margin-bottom: 172px !important;
      }

#logo {
      	width: 300px;
      	height: 95px;
      }

5. You’ll want to adjust this to fit your logo correctly. Where it says header, the margin bottom actually sets the height of the header area. Change the 172 to the number of pixels you need to make it fit properly. For the logo, set the height and width to fit the desired logo size.
    6. Save your changes.

If you have any trouble changing the logo size let me know.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
    Bill

Allie Yocum
    Participant

Perfect-! Thank you so much, Bill. You made it very simple.

Last favor for now if you have some time- Is it possible to take the translucent black blog area off of my home page? I didn’t see this covered in the topics.

Thanks again. I am enjoying the theme.

Happy almost weekend!

Best,
    Allie

Bill Robbins

Allie,

Good question. One option that is built into the theme is a ““blank” page template. Basically it is a page that has a sidebar, but no main content box.

You could create a page and assign that template (look in the right hand column when editing a page and you’ll see a drop-down menu for page templates). Then publish the page.

Next go to the settings section and select “Reading.” Here you can set a specific page to serve as your front page. Just choose your “blank” page and you’ll remove that from your front page.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Allie Yocum
    Participant

I am singing your praises over here! Very happy with how it is looking. You make it much easier. Thanks a million.

Allie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Increase Title Image.2’ is closed to new replies.